Hurricane Blo-Vac vs Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Nov 9, 2012.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

The hurricane and the brown are basically the same exact machine, Brown ripped off hurricanes design.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

pics of the brown look larger

3. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

I never knew that.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

They are virtually identical. Also If i remember correctly Hurricane is currently going after Brown legally for patent infringement.

Brown
    [​IMG]

Hurricane
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure how they can do that when one has red paint and the other is more of a maroon

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Also it looks to me like there's more then 25% difference in design. Good luck trying to win that. They are different. Once a product is made, others will try their best to make one better.

Is it me or does the Brown blower have torsion springs on the front forks? If that's the case, big thumbs up for Mr. Brown for considering them.

7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

If you could make it a year round machine they would sell alot more of them. What other options is Hurricane going to offer ? Its not that much different than the Toro aerator

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

i was kidding.....they look pretty darn similar to me

9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I have told Wright Stander company about making a year round use machine several times before but they never thought it would be a big seller. Mower in the summer , blower in the fall , plow in the winter and even an areator for spring and fall.

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I emaild brown for pricing and dealer info and they never did get back to me. Guess the Hurricane wins.