1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Blo-Vac vs Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

With the F-Z you'll get less CFM but more MPH than with the F13. It all comes down to the housing and discharge size. We couldn't use the HDPE housing with the Z-Force because of being propelled by a ZTR. If the end user smashed the housing at high speed into a low hanging limb or something similar and caused the housing and impeller to fail while operational the ZTR operator could be injured by the resulting failure. In short we gave up some performance for safety. Get a demo of the F-Z to see what you think for yourself if interested.

2. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

$2,675 is the list price but this does not include the JRCO mount for your specific ZTR. That runs $100 to $150 depending on your ZTR.

3. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

We're focusing on the 13hp at this point as market research has indicated that's where the sweet spot is. Once the product gets on it's feet then we'll invest more into other hp offerings and other applications The 18hp is the next one in line though.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Ya I have the 18 horse leg propelled model. Power is like drugs. You cant use less. You just get used to it and need more. I wont be satisfied until sod starts peeling up lol

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. Also if you don't want people to post "not nice" things about your product then don't post it for all to see on a public forum.

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.

6. dave_14385

dave_14385 LawnSite Senior Member

Now regarding the walk behinds, I understand the shoot is 1 inch larger on the 18 hp Briggs verses the 13 hp Honda as well. So in your professional opinion do you think the 18hp has a much more cfm & psi then the 13 hp Honda ? Thank You in advance.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

But what are you basing that statement on? Have you had a chance to do demo one for an extended amount of time or are you just going off of how it looks in pictures on the internet or in the video?

I could say that the Hurricane is overpriced and the larger model is just a glorified stander with a blower mounted on it. Is that a fair assessment on my part? no, because I've never used one.

There is a machine for everyone and I'm sure the F-Z will do well for Billy Goat and someone, hopefully on this Forum will purchase one and do an honest and in depth review of the unit.

8. Blizzard1

Blizzard1 LawnSite Member

Got to play around on the brown stander today at a dealer. That thing moves a lot of air. Not many leaves to test it on but it would move some huge piles imo. Louder than hell too lol. Would love to have it but a little pricy

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You can just watch the video and see that its weak and doesn't blow that much air. I dont need to demo one to see that.

Also "Overpriced" is subjective, It might be for priced for you but not for me.

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI