Hurricane Blow-Vac?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Wise_A, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

Has anybody heard about these things? I saw them at the Meadowlands show in an exhibit, with a video about how they work. The guy explianed that they are 27 horse kohler ride on blowers, that also work as truckloaders. Sounds like a new company to me, anybody have any experience with them? They have a website, which seems kinda basic - like they are just starting out. Here's a picture I found:

[​IMG]

I'm gonna see if I can demo one before the cutting season starts.

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I started a thread a while back about anyone who had purchased or demo-ed one to share their experience and hardly anyone responded.

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

there was a big thread about a company on here who got to demo one and used it on several of their properties. it was a very indepth review. cant remember who it was though.

4. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

Oh ok, well if anyone finds it let me know. I'm gonna try and do a search. I just do a small amount of lawns and its usually just myself and another person, so if the machine could increase my productivity by allowing me to do more than one function with the same machine, then it might be worth the huge investment. If you think about it, its not more than a premium commercial zero turn mower. Leaf season is just kinda short. I wonder if theres anything else I could use it for?

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I read through that review. I'm looking for others that have experiences, too.

6. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

I found the thread on the NJLCA but not an indepth review of the machine

7. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

8. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

9. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

From what I read this past fall here on Lawnsite, it is an excellent machine. However, the $12,000 price rules it out for me. I won't waste a dealer's time demoing one.