Hurricane Dennis

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Oldtimer, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Dennis appears to be among the strongest hurricanes to ever hit the US. We haven't recovered from Hurricane Ivan which was a Cat 3 and now we are facing a Cat 4. If the pressure continues at 930mb when it comes ashore it will be the 7th strongest hurricane to reach the united states. We are looking at 135-145 mph which is about the same as hurricane Andrew which hit near Miami in 1992.

There hasn't been much gasoline available here since Friday and some lines were a few hundred cars long. Right now we are just about isolated because of closed roads and bridges and with a predicted tidal surge of 15 - 20 feet we could lose a couple of major bridges.

I hope to still have a home and a business at 7PM this evening.

Say a prayer for us.

Oldtimer
    Pensacola, Florida

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Good luck oldtimer...

3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Hang tight bro.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya'll are in my prayers.

5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Oldtimer, Hope you and your family are safe. Really starting to pick up now. One of those things that you pray that it doesn't hit you and also pry for those that will be hit the worst.

Godspeed
    Rhett

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hang in there buddy and let us know how things turn out for you and your family.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

8. tez34

tez34 LawnSite Member

Good Luck, Put that mower in the basement.

9. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Good Luck To You OT'r!

Would be great to send these menaces to countries who live a life of murder & violence!

I once took threats of a hurricane as a cry wolf syndrome, Not Anymore!... :help:
    Joe

10. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Hang tough, you'll make it. My parents just moved back to Minnesota from Cape Coral to get away from the nasty things.