hurricane Irene

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 25, 2011.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking of Montana, but they can also get blizzards. Especially on the plains.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it is a 5th camper which i think is too big for my truck. I have the hitch and all but it is not installed on my truck. I'm already stressed this weekend is going to really stress me OUT!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Read the story of how Quake Lake was created. We do get some nasty flooding here as well.

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

How about Hawaii? They do have volcanos but I can't remember the last time one blew.
    On second thought, they may be prone to a tsumani.
    But the place sure is comfortable.

5. Hawaii has a severe DWO problem.

6. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like I'm in the path. I've always wondered what the eye of a hurricane looks like.

irene.jpg

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Hang in there, are you having to consider evacuating?

8. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Take it from someone that has seen several hurricanes in their lifetime, you're to close to the coast to ride this out. Head inland, at least 100 miles and then you can "enjoy" the wind and rain but Chesapeake is not a good place to ride out a serious storm.

Don't believe me? Google "Galveston Island Hurricane Ike Photos" and have a look at what you can expect. The storm surge is seriously dangerous.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

And Montana gets some serious wildfires. Gotta count those into the equation too.
    Wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, earthquakes, tsunamis, severe drought, intense heat waves, erupting volcanoes, floods, ice storms, massive hail storms, swarms of locusts, black plague :). And what else? What state gets the least financial damage or loss of life due to weather related or natural disasters? New Mexico? VT or NH? Rhode Island? I bet an insurance agent would know.

Stay safe east coast.

10. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Stan good luck bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you staying?