hurricane Irene

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 25, 2011.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Dont forget NH and VT can get some serious ice storms. But we have very few rattle snakes.
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. I'm sure the one that hit my dad in MA probably hit NH/VT.
    No state is immune completely. CO gets tornadoes, drought which kills crops, blizzards, extreme hail storms, wild fires, and our state gets the 2nd most lightning strikes.

I was thinking New Mexico seems to get the least amount of coverage or press for disasters, but the recent wild fore was pretty bad.
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The predicted track makes this a rain event as much as anything else. (except in North Carolina)
  4. Let us know when it hits you boots
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I bailed. Floyd dropped over a foot of rain on me in 1999 (but the reservoirs really really really needed it)
  6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

You bailed?:confused:

Where did you go? Your mom's basement?
  7. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Evacuating is not an option. I'm also a firefighter and was told today that I have to work Friday-Sunday. So that means I have to leave my wife and kids at home. Everything is hurricane ready. We are fortunate to have family nearby that my wife can stay with if she's scared.
  8. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Stan where are you at? I know a few folks that are riding this out on hatteras. I'm sure there are folks on Ocracoke. Both places will take a major hit..
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

we see hurricanes every few years here it seems.

Im def. ready. Serviced all chain saws. We have about 5 saws ready

My House has a generator so im not sweating a power outtage.

Havent needed to go to the store, we got plenty of everything, will be a good time to eat off the freezer for a bit, dam thing needs a good cleaning out anyway....
  10. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

It will be interesting if they evacuate long island. 7,500,000 people trying to cross a handful of bridges on the same day.
    Posted via Mobile Device