hurricane Irene

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in Chesapeake 20 minutes into VA. All the northbound NC traffic is coming my way.

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I left buxton today. I saw alot of northern plates on nc 64 west heading towards 95. They also had the rd signs with directions. I know it sounds weird, but I was thinking those folks were taking the long way home or avoid all the traffic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I am 1100 feet from a tributary of the chesapeake bay near annapolis , 20 feet above sea level, pulled my boat , moved my vette to my shop , sand bagged my garage door , have my bobcat ready , chainsaws , pumps , 2 generators , camper packed just in case .
    And a case of cold beer .

4. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you do, don't call on these guys to help preparing for 'Irene'.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

hacks and Pikers.jpg

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

what is boots going to do when he can't get online on sunday from power outages?

6. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

20 feet above sea level sounds like a good amount. But with the winds and who knows how much rain we will get that is not a lot of water.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going the safe route and will be at 14,036' just to be be sure. :) Hiking Mt Sherman on Saturday, and I don't think Irene will make it that far.
    Stay safe, especially you guys that are in a position to go out in the weather to aid and assist others.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Dropped of the chain saw yesterday, fired up the generator to make sure it runs. Gotta grab some gas. Supposed to be cooking a turkey dinner for wifes daughters birthday Sunday.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

hope you get the chainsaw back in time to carve the turkey

10. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck to you all when that big zone comes on.