hurricane sandy SNOW!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nashlawn01, Oct 27, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

wow, well be safe everyone. here nothing bad so far just wind and rain (maryland)
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Damn. Its weird for me being in southern louisiana to watch a storm hit like this and not affect us. I pray everybody makes out ok. If i can do anything to help yall dont be afraid to ask.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that, unfortunately I don't have a bobcat or my 3 Stihl 660's any more. But if you need some help, I'm here too.
  4. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Central Pa, it's getting scary 50- 60 mph winds and cold rain right now. Tomorrow is gonna be worse. Im not gonna bother going back out to work till the wheather is calm again. No point in getting hurt. We were gonna start leaf cleanup today. Still have 50 leaf cleanups to do. It's gonna be wet and sloppy for awhile. Try to be safe everyone and don't worry about work right now. I wish you guys on the coast lines well and hope you guys are safe.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

The up side is we wont have a single leaf on any tree after this is over, so fall cleanups will be fast and easy.
  6. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

All the leaves are down in Shelton, Hunington, Ansonia. The question is will you have leaves from other neighbors on your lawns or vice versa lol.
  7. grasshopping

grasshopping LawnSite Member

Take care and stay safe to all you guys on the east coast. I wish you could send some of the rain down to the east coast of Australia. Grass is rapidly turning brown. No decent rain since July.

Kathryn and Mark
    Grasshopper Mowing Services
  8. cslawnandlandscape

cslawnandlandscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Be careful with those lines. I had the same thing happen last year and CL-P won't fix it, they'll only kill your power and you need an electrician to come re-connect the assembly to your house before they'll put the line back up. Same goes for ATT or whoever you have cable/telephone with
  9. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

Calling for 12-20" here in Frostburg. Got a couple inches already Bunch of trees down already winds are crazy, and they say the worst is yet to come. Be safe everyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

yea think its gona be a pain in the ass to get all that fixed went through that once before. And each utility wants you to call them and set it up in a specific order that no one tells you. But the cable 2 phone lines and the power lines are ripped down in some way or another. Had this storm happened in August with the leaves still on the trees I think the damage her would of been 10 fold.