hurricane stand on blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supercuts, Sep 11, 2008.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i just saw the add on the left of the screen for this blower. who has used one, whats the feedback, and howmuch are they??? id love to hear
  2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I saw it yesterday as well. Looks great and with 27 hp it would be pretty sweet on leaves, but price? and yeah, has anyone used one before?
  3. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

they should have put a leaf plow on the front,
  4. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

How much? A fragan is pretty pricey and half the size. 6000 CFM holy cow.
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

not familiar with the fragan.....can you expand, i thought you were swearing!
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure you could use that on lawns.....we got a 13hp walkbehind and that makes a lot of dust and it would blow the top soil away. Can't image what a unit twice as powerful would do. This unit is for cleaning up parking lots to get leaves rounded up quickly or for pavers to clean every bit of debris off asphalt.
  7. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

The blower function is one thing, but I'd love to see the vac/loader about doing it all...! Drive the machine to the pile, install the loader hose and blow the leaves into the waiting trailer box...sounds nice! (I just bought a dump trailer so I would be anxious to see that capability)
  8. Lawnshow

Lawnshow LawnSite Member

We are fortunate to have the Hurricane built with-in ten minutes of our facility. We purchased the Hurricane last fall and it has been nothing but awsome. Mowbiz, what you described in your post is exactly how we use it. For residental, we use the blower to work the lawn back and forth to the front and get the leaves to the curb. We then pull the unit along side our 4500 GMC with a leaf box on the dump and hook up the hose. The hook up takes less then one minute and power the unit up and now it sucks all the leaves. We can even run small sticks into the impeller and the Hurrican eats it. After a full season, the impeller shows very little if any wear. My commercial guys love it because they have to blow so much curb line that they used to have to walk and backpack off. They fly through the blowing on commercial due to the wind deflectors. We set one in the down position to get the debris up and the second deflector a little higher to clean the top of the curb as you go by at about 7mph.

I had posted on a similar thread a few days ago and am very excited to see Rick (Hurrican owner) get so much attention on his product. I know he has been profecting it for something like 10yrs and it shows. Rick had sold some machines to our local market in the past and all the LCO's that I know are happy with them. Another company in our town has several of them and I hear they are looking for another this year. I hope these other companys see this and come forward so that everyone gets a broad opinon but I can't help being biased because we have tried lot of things to make leaf clean up go faster and nothing works as efficiently as running the Hurricane blower/vac. We now have the Hurricane on our trailers and we don't have to stop and tarp or vacumm the leaves anymore!!! I hope that one of the other LCO's have some pics to show because I don't have anything. I do know that there was a couple of Grand Rapids companies that had tried out the units as well, but I don't know if they purchased any or not.
  9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I posted about this also. I'd prefer a system like the Force has with a tube that rotates up and down. The 2 motors you see that operate the chute are electric window motors like the one I used to fab my chute blocker for my Bob-Cat wb.
    That's a lot of hp, probably too much for a lawn company using it everyday.
    Leaf season is another story though. Still, a smaller hp machine would be useful for everyday stuff because it's so maneuverable.
    I'd really like to see some more pics, as well as pics of the vac or possibly some videos would be even better.
    You know, the machine doesn't need more than about 6 hp to move itself, all the hp is for the fan. That said, a 12-15 hp machine should be adequate for most situations, again because it's so maneuverable. I think this machine will ultimately go over good. Not everyone will get one but, someone with a lot of parking lots like me are interested in this type stuff.

By the way, I'm available for field testing guys.
    I have a ton of convenience stores and a 5 year city contract with 3 large parking lots and a ton of alleys! Tony
  10. mcduff48

mcduff48 LawnSite Member

i just saw the add on the left of the screen for this blower. who has used one, whats the feedback, and howmuch are they??? id love to hear

I called the factory to check into taking the line on as a dealer and was told that it sells for $11000.00.........that's a lot of leaves to blow to pay for it. How many of you LCO's would be interested at that price? :usflag: