1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hurricanes(do not move)

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Well guys looks like we are in for getting put thru the washer down here again this year. I know its too soon to say but things are crazy down here.... Actually had 2 calls about installs this week tho too lol.

As people race for supplies and the tension builds I will try to keep you guys posted and I created a Gustav thread in the off topic area. Some of you have mine and Ashleys personal numbers and are welcome to contact us anytime if I dont make it back online. I think after katrina is was about 5 weeks before we were back up and running (4 weeks no power) but alas we are better prepared this time. There are 2 storms out there as of now and 2 more low pressure systems coming off Africa to watch.

I think Burt from Accent lighting is heading up this way in the next couple of days depending on what goes on (he is south of new orleans) so we should all be safe.

God bless and please rememeber to keep all thoes affect by the storms in your thoughts and prayers and not just thoes of us here at home in the USA
  2. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I'm here for ya Billy, so call me if you need anything including a place to escape to. I say that with reservation, as most of these storms like to veer off course and head straight for us! Be safe, and don't hesitate to call if you need something.
  3. Pro-Scapes

thanks Chris. Projected path is a bit further west than what katrina took so maybe we will be safer here. Figures after I blow a couple grand on getting things ready it wont even touch us.
  4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I hope you are safe and that all will be ok.
  5. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, makes you wonder about the weather man sometimes. I've gotten into the habit of doing exactly the opposite of what the predictions say. I can't tell you how many jobs I've cancelled because of bad weather forcasts, only to be sitting around with not even a drop of rain. Best of luck dude. Our prayers will be for you and your family and friends.
  6. Pro-Scapes

cat 4 now and 5mph short of a cat 5 storm. This is all to familiar to us. I think its pretty safe to say we will at least get some rain out of this. They forcasted us alot of rain with Fay but we didnt get it all that bad.

For thoes of you who know Burt I have been texting with him today. He and his family left Houma this morning and are now at thier cabin about an hour north of me.
  7. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

8. Pro-Scapes

The traffic on I59 past our town last night was real bad. I already have damage... to my wallet that is!
  9. MarkOlex

MarkOlex LawnSite Member
    from VA

You guys in the south be safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Hope you all dodge this bullet safely.