1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Huscavana vs. Troy Built

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rdrap, Jul 28, 2004.

1. rdrap

rdrap LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Went to Lowe's this weekend. They had both Huscavana and Troy Built and trimmers and blowers.

Troy Built had two model trimmers that are 4 cycle and don't need oil mixed with the gas. Price on these two units are around between $175-195. Price on the Huscavana 2-cycle units $390.

Any opinions on the Troy Built 4 cycles units?

Any opinions on the Huscavana units?

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a Red Max!!! I love my Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer!!! It has a lot of power and torque!!!
  3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Your post should read "Husqvarna vs. MTD"
    There is no more Troy-Built. MTD bought the name and some of the products lines. Bolens was bought by Garden Way which was bought by Troy-Built which was bought by MTD. It makes it fun trying to get parts sometimes. You need a slide rule to keep up with who owners what now days
  4. j.p.landscaping

j.p.landscaping LawnSite Member

If there gonna be used for professional use......Don't buy either brand. If it's just for homeowner use, go with husky.
  5. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Husky is fine for commercial use! I have guys that have had theirs for over 10 year and they are still going strong!

The Troybuilt is made by Ryobi - both of witch are owned by MTD. so its junk!
  6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Troybilt trimmer is crap, a waste of money. I bought one before I knew any better. The motor seized after 7 hours of use. I returned it, got my money back and bought a Stihl. You're money ahead to buy professional quality equipment at a dealer, not a hardware store that pays minimum wage.
  7. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey fixer, did I hear right? MTD now owns the McCulloch brand, and they sold off the Ryobi product to TTI (Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd.)?

Funny how the homeowner kind of hand held brands transfer hands so many times.
  8. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes you heard right. But that may change next week.
  9. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna is an excellent trimmer that will definately hold up under commercial use. I have two . They are bulletproof.
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

very much true...Huskys are very good..........:)