1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Huskvarna stick edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grassman, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Do any of you use the Husqvarna stick edger and what do you think of it? I primarily use Redmax wich is $419, but my dealer says the Husky is of equal hp and it's only $239. I just don't know much about Husqvarna. Thanks, Russ
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Echo seems to be the "stick" of choice.
  3. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Thanks Kutnkru, but echo is not an option because of local dealers. I really need info. on the Husky. Already Know how good the Redmax is. Thanks anyway Russ
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

grassman .....can't say for the husky edger ....but the weed wackers are weak at best .....the back pack blower is the best on the market ......if shindaiwa is around check e'm out
  5. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Grassman, I can't tell you about the stick edger, but I do have a husky 322L weedeater which I think the edger is based on. My 322L is great - easiest cranking 2-cycle engine I've ever seen. It's powerful, lightweight, and quiet. I'm planning on replacing a Poulan stick edger { a piece of junk, takes twenty minutes to get running everytime} with a Husky, so I'm interested in what others say about them.
  6. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

If their edger works as well as their grass trimmers and hedge clippers I would buy one and not think twice about it.
    I own a 322L trimmer and the 225H60 Hedge Clipper and could not be HAPPIER with them. They start on the 1st or 2nd pull and run great. The are also light weight which is a factor if you are using them for long periods of time. Other brands might work as good, but I know for a FACT that all other brands are a lot heavier. You are the one that is going to be running it, not the salesman so don't let them tell you that 2-3 lbs. will not make that much difference. Maybe not to them, cause their not going to be holding it day in and day out. Just my thoughts.
    Good Luck,
  7. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Amen Mowman on the 322L trimmer! I bought one last fall, and after removing the shield, it weighs in at 7.5# and as you know has plenty of power to boot. I'd recommend it to anyone. Lynn
  8. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Thanks everybody, I'm buying the Husky. Russ
  9. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

Who ever said that Hushy Trimmers are weak at best. I an sure that they dont own one. I have a 325, it is by far the lights and the strongest trimmer that I have used.