Husky 55

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SLR, Sep 15, 2006.

1. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

i'm at the end of my rope with junk saws..i am ready to bolt for a huskavarna 55 rancher..ANY opinions much welcomed!

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Anything Husky is good IMO.

3. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Husky 350 and I love it. I would recommend a Husky chainsaw any day.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

The Husky 55 Rancher is a very good saw. Lots of people on here have them. I have had several Husky's and know own a 359. My farther's a dealer so I get a break on the price. I have tried all other kinds and husky is less weight and more easy to handle. JMO!!!

5. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Somebody I know used to have a 55... not a bad saw as long as you aren't going to use it every day. Good for BS cutting... maybe some firewood, some storm damage, some branches, ties, etc. Long story short it's a landscaper's saw.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

7. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

8. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

Somebody I know used to have a 55... not a bad saw as long as you aren't going to use it every day. Good for BS cutting... maybe some firewood, some storm damage, some branches, ties, etc. Long story short it's a landscaper's saw.
    ===
    can you tell me what your operating Godzilla?what is a good saw to you?

9. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a 350 husky a year and a half old and it is dead only been used on 8 small to medium sized trees. one medium sized pine didn't finish the pine. The cylinder was scoured won't even start. the longest gas ever sat in it was about 3-4 weeks so that never should have happened. and if they fix it it will cost more than to buy a new one. So husky's are junk in my oppinion. I am starting to get that way with anything that they also sell at lowes,Home depot isn't that great either but atleast they sell a little better products than the poulans and huskyjunkva.

10. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

O h yeah it never was very good even new it always took like eight or more pulls to start it. I thought was a compression problem but husky swore it was fine.