husky 60 inch ztr or hustler super z 60

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marley, May 19, 2002.

1. marley

marley LawnSite Member

I am looking at getting a ztr within the next week or so. The mowers I am looking at are a husky 60 ztr and a hustler super z 60. My knees are getting worse by the day from riding around on sulkys for years so this decision has a bit of urgency. The husky 60 inch is a bit less in price and at a better rate 8.99% but I have not read any reviews or comments about them . The hustler seems like it might be a better machine and faster too but it is more money and the rate is 13.99%. Should I go with the husky wich is probably a decent machine or the hustler wich would be from what I have read on this site a kick*** machine at a higher price and a higher rate. My credit is not horrible but it is not the best either so I don't think I can be to picky about my rate. Thank you for any advice.

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

And I had the two choices I'd take the Hustler. Have you thought about leasing at all? Thats what I did with my Viper. Our credit is decent and the best rate I could get was high teens from a "financial institution" in NC that does a lot of finance deals with big mowers. We made another purchase for our office set-up and included the Viper along with it,on a lease.Interest rate was 1/2 of a purchase and we write the whole works off. No depreciation schedule.
    Just a thought.

3. lynn

lynn LawnSite Member
    from fl

In reply to your request about a Husky, let me tell my thoughts.
    I have a 52 inch/23 Kaw, I have had a lot of problems with this mower and will never buy any of their products. After I wrote a letter to the manufacture all of my problems were taken care of. I as of this date have not received any type of answer from the manufacture and think I never will. They have so may updates
    on there units it is a joke. If I were you I would buy a unit that
    has a proven record.

4. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I own two Hustlers, one Shortcut, one regular Z 25/60. I have demoed the Husky's and they are not nearly the machine that the Hustler is. I think in the long run you'll be happier with the Hustler even at a little higher price. The way I have been financing mine is with these offers through credit card companies. I have yet to spend any $ in interest. I use the intro 0% plan and have been fortunate enough to pay them off before the interest kicks in. Even if I couldn't pay them off before the free period expired, the interest rate would be lower than the bank.

5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The super z will save you money in the long run.

6. marley

marley LawnSite Member

thanks for the info, much appreciated. sounds like i need to stay away from huskys and maybe check out a lease. thanks, again.

7. ScottH

ScottH LawnSite Member

Marley;

Check with your bank 1st and see if they can swing a loan for you. you'll almost always do better rate wise there.

2nd, check back with your dealer, Excel Hustler still has 2 programs open @ less than 14%. One is a real short term, 6 mos program I believe @ no interest. the other should be @ 9.9%

For a third option, check out www.kensingtoncapital.com. They have done some nice deals for us between 9 &10 %.

Hope this helped- Have a good season.

8. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Demo'd both some months back- the biggest reasons I decided against the Husky was:

1. severe debri blow back from the front left castor tire (the dirtiest I ever got on a ztr)

2. For whatever reason the engine (23 Kaw) bogged down easily when I cut tall grass.

3. The controls for the Husky were not 'solid'.

Suggest you do a search on my name for the reviews I gave a Hustler some months back. If I had not chosen a Wright Stander for the standing advantages I would have picked a Hustler hands down!

Cordially,
    Sheppard

9. marley

marley LawnSite Member

thanks sheppard and scott h, you guys are definitely helping me out. this site is a good thing.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Marley,

Husky = Husqvarna?

-OR-

Husky = Cheap homeowner Tractors at Farm stores?

I'll assume the first, since your comparing it to a Hustler Z.

My advise....Save your money! Were only talking about $7-$8K here right? You'll end up spending $1000 more in intrest if you finance or lease. Just pay cash! Section 179 it on your taxes.

Good Luck!