1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husky and rebmax ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.T.M., Apr 4, 2008.

1. J.T.M.

J.T.M. LawnSite Member

Is the new husky 180 bt the same thing as the redmax 8001? I've read husky bought redmax.
  2. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Same blower. Just a little different plastic.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Go with Husqvarna since I have never heard of Rebmax.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You are joking, right???? :hammerhead:
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Not joking!! I have never heard of ReBBBBBBBmax blowers, have you?:hammerhead: On the other hand I have heard of Redmax blowers. Look at his title line and you will see what I mean.
  6. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna does own Redmax(they bought them in Jan. 07)

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanx for the info,anyone have pics of both lets see where they both stand,i hate copy catting......
  8. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

It's more a case of rebading than copycatting. Since they own Redmax there's nothing any one can do or say about them wanting to sell the Redmax models under their name as well.
  9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Husky ownes them so they aren't copy cating anything. Who cares anyway, it benefits you guys the end user in the end because you can buy a husky 180b, which has a better frame molding, strap system and tube throttle setup then the Redmax model. So, really , it's not a copycat becaues husky is using the redmax motor and fan, the rest is husqvarna, which I feel, is better, and for less them the redmax price.

I can tell you the specs are the same, but the way husky and redmax are publishing the weights on these units are different. The husky isn't 3lbs heavier then the redmax, yet the specs say so. Maybe redmax was advertising their units a little low. Husky also gives you a longer tube as well as way better finance options then redmax can offer, which is also a plus.

Alot of dealers are getting pissed because the redmax stuff will soon say Redmax by Husqvarna. Hahaha.
  10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Maybe they won't be mad if it is " RedBax by Husqvarna":laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry, I can't help myself, it is my hand, not me!!! Bad hand!!!