Husky blower choice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dwost, Apr 18, 2005.

1. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, well my handheld seized on me this weekend so I'm making the jump to a BP. I think I've decided to go with a Husqvarna. 99% of my use will be for grass clippings only. I may end up using it for leaves if we move but for now it's primarily for grass. I'm debating between the 145BT at Lowe's or going with the BT155 online. My question, is there really that much difference between the two power wise to justify the extra $$. Now before everyone posts about their favorite brands or to get the RedMax 8000 I don't want to spend over $300 and this is only for residential use. I'd like to hear from folks that have used both and can give me some accurate comparisons or recommendations. TIA!!

Don

2. MO LAWNCARE

MO LAWNCARE LawnSite Member
    from de

I Have The 155 Great Back Pack Plenty Of Power. Easy To Start First Pull Every Time
    Cant Go Wrong With That One

3. dwost

Mo, thanks for the input, this is what I was looking for. Have you ever run the 145? if so, is there a big difference between the two?

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

My first bp was the husky 145 tried the 155 a little more powerfull but was also 85 more. so I bought the 145. 4 years old now still starts on 1 or 2 pulls all i have fixed was the gas tank which was my fault for droping it. for 300 or less ( have seen for 225 on ebay in box) I think it is a good blower. However, I would not buy another one for my business. Reason there are more bigger badder better machines out there. For a homeowner the husky is a great machine especially now that they have a guard around the carb.

5. dwost

Sildoc, Thanks for the comparison. I'm thinking of saving a few $$ and going with the 145. As you mentioned, if I were doing this as a business venture I'd end up with the RMax 8000 :) , however, since this is for my yard only I don't think I can go wrong with the 145. I have a 10% coupon from Lowe's as well so I can be OTD for around $280. Besides, I can always turn it on e-bay and put it toward one of the big boys if need be :D

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I would recomend not buying it at lowes. ONe reason. Really slow turn around on simple fixes. That gas tank I was telling you about took over a month to get back. Now as a homeowner no big deal but to someone that uses there blower every day it was extremely agonizing. I had a handheld back up but still nothing like having all the weight on your back.

7. dwost

Good to know, however, isn't this the same model that is sold at dealers? Besides, it's a Kawi engine and I'd assume you can purchase the parts from a Kawi distributor if necessary. I'm not overly concerned about turnaround as you mentioned due to the fact this is for homeowner use only. I do completely understand and agree that if I were in your shoes, I'd want to ensure I had quick repair turnaround. Thanks again for all your input!!

8. dwost

Hit Lowe's today and walked out with the 145BT. Got it home, fueled it up and away she went!! Man, this is sooooooo much better than the handheld it's replacing. I'm sure as with all things, this will pass and I'll want the Rmax 8000 :D but for my purposes this will be plenty adequate. Thanks guys for the info!!!