1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Husky edger vibrating!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by gogetter, Jun 3, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just received my new Husky stick edger (model ex350, I think?). Starts fine and all, but REALLY vibrates alot until I squeeze the trigger then smoothes right out.
    Normal? Never owned Husky equipment before.
    Thanks.

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

You should check back with the dealer to be sure, this way it will be covered under warranty if there is a problem. You might try having the dealer start another new one to see if it does the same thing. Sorry I could not be of more help. We only have Husky chainsaws and 2 blowers.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a similar vibration problem on my Echo. I figured out that the blade was bent. I flipped it over and it seems to have cured the vibration. Hope this helps.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Can't take it back to the dealer. Well, probably not for free. It was one of those e-bay deals.
    But I'll check the blade.
    Thanks.

5. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Changing the blade has solved vibration problems for me in the past.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just dawned on me. It can't be the blade because it vibrates at idle. The blade doesn't turn at idle. As soon as I squeeze the trigger, the blade goes and the vibrating stops.
    I'll take it to a local shop. Thanks for the input though.

7. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

2 cycle engines do not run well at low RPMs. It may just be running rough at a very slow idle. My Shindy T270 vibrates at idle.