Husky or Shindaiwa/Jonsered

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2pioneer, Jun 7, 2003.

1. 2pioneer

2pioneer LawnSite Member

I'm starting up a new lawncare dealership focusing on the commercial lawncare contractor and am trying to decide whether to carry Husqvarna 2-cycle equipment or a combination of Shindaiwa trimmers, brushcutters, and blowers with Jonsered chainsaws.

Echo, Red Max and Stihl are already represented in our area. I'm not thrilled that Lowe's has Husqvarna but they have a limited selection of the 'non-professional' models and are only sold at MSRP. This, along with an unknowledable sales department could also be a good tool for us with the 'prosumer' who wants better than average equipment for home.

Which product is most acceptable to the lawncare contractor? Reasons?

Thanks for your replies
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

The only dealer around here offers all those choices plus many more. It all depends on what individual professional likes. Personally i use nothing but Husqvarna 2-cycle equipment and Toro mowers. Everyone has their preference and the best way IMO is offer a little something of everything to please everyone.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Where in missouri are you starting your shop?
  4. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have always like husky chain saws guy down here has a 3 footer I like to play with sometimes