Husky Rider 16

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Skelly, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Skelly

Skelly LawnSite Member

Does anyone use the Husky Rider 16 front Deck mower
    I do and its a wizzz, three years old and not had a problem at all starts first time every time. Good buy for the money.

Chevy S10 4.3 / Husky Rider 16 / Husky power w/behind 21" / Husky Backpack blower / Poulan Hand blower / homelite stringer (Bent) / Homelite Veritool (Brush cutter) / Troy built muti head Stringer ( Cultivator,Edger) B&D 24" Hedgehog/ A very old English Turf (Sod) Cutter.victor1651@myactv.net :cool:

2. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen it before and looks prettycool. Probably not good for smaller residential lawns though.

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

ya is that a hydro unit or belt?

4. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

yeah i have one but i bent the deck on it and it cost about 400 to get a new one and about 200 to transfer parts from old to new deck. i hate that thing. Deck kept bottoming out so it would not cut over 3 inches.

5. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Demoed one the other day and liked some features. Also demoed a country clipper ztr for the same money. No comparison between the 2. CC has twice the speed and a little better cut quality.

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

IF this is true it would seem you arent mowing much grass with this mower!

7. Skelly

Skelly LawnSite Member

To be fair Norm Al, it all boils down to horses for coarses, I didn't buy a machine to cut 20 acres a week I do this as a service to my customer base. i may be repainting the inside of the house and i get asked if i cut grass aswell. Of course I do !
    It all started from there, I am not interested in cutting grass all day every day as i am into maintence and repairs. I also clear snow for my customers in the winter, but does that mean I have to have a 4 x 4 and a blade? Naaa
    My job is a lot of fun and i wouldn't swap it for all the grass in china. Thank you for the reply BTW.

8. Skelly

Skelly LawnSite Member

Hiya Trottman, works very well on residential lawns actually cause thats all I cut, mind you have to be able to get it on the site then off you go.
    Thank you for the reply

9. Skelly

Skelly LawnSite Member

sbvfd592 its a very easy to ride Hydro unit, foot pedal to go back and one to go forward couldn't be easier. Us Brits love our lawns and i get a pleasure from cutting with this machine, pitty it has no rear rollers to give that manicured finish, I can still get a good patterned finish but rollers do a better job.Thank you for the reply.

10. Skelly

Skelly LawnSite Member

Hiya Sneaky, As I said to Norm Al "It all boils down to horses for coarses" Spead doesn't always bring quality along with it, You may be one of the lucky ones, this husky is primarily for flat grounds I do banks and the rest and get a good cut by keeping the blades honed. They are so easy to get to its no problem lifting the deck and touching up the business ends. At 53 I can't be having the hassle of hauling decks arround to get to do anything on them. This one is as sweet as a nut.