1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husky runs and then it won't

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GOJO's Lawn Svc, Aug 20, 2004.

1. GOJO's Lawn Svc

GOJO's Lawn Svc LawnSite Member

I need a little help with a Husqvarna weedeater. I have a 322L and when I start it the motor surges. At full throttle, the motor will reach top RPM for a few seconds(10-20) then the rpms fall off to low idle and sometimes it just dies. Carried it to two Husky repair shops and still no resolution to my problem. The motor still has good compression and I have serviced the system per the owners manual. Still a good machine, I want to fix it.
    Has someone else had this problem or know of a fix?
  2. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

sounds like a carb prob is likely. Id start there and work my way through the spark plug, exhaust screen, air filter, etc. Take carb apart and reassemble it is the same order gasket go....be careful here remember with gasket goes where and youll be fine. Diaphrams might be torn or clogged.
  3. arborguy

arborguy LawnSite Member
    from KY

I agree. I had the same problem with a 21 year old stihl and kept rebuilding the carb. It would fix it for a year or two and same problem. Finally tried to buy a new carb and found out that that model carb had problems and they had switched to a new manufacturer. Bought the new carb and have had no problems in the last five years. Rebuild or new I think that will fix your problem.
  4. GOJO's Lawn Svc

GOJO's Lawn Svc LawnSite Member

Thanks to both of your info. You were both correct. Rebuilding the carb took care of the problem. Do you have any recomendations concerning an inductive tachometer?