Husky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Sep 25, 2001.

1. I am noticing that on the commercial cutting forum we talk about for 2 cycle machines; the echos, stihls, redmaxes, shindiawas, green machine from time to time, and a couple of others. However one of the ones I very rarely hear about is the Husquvarna(?) machines.

As a tree guy, I use Stihl saws. I find that they are hard to beat. However the Huskys are very torquey saws. For the big stuff everyone loves em I hear.

Also I see that they make some push mowers / tractors / ZTR's / and other stuff.

Do any of our members use their products other than chain saws?

2. I forgot to mention: I believe their moto is: "If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch"

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

huskys pretty good stuff. but what is throwing a stick at a monkey. i know im justa old fogey. id dont get tat stuff.
    my daughters hip mabe she ll know. she probably just say
    dad go on you wouldnt understand.:)

4. AWM, I was wondering if anybody here uses the Husky products for lawn care.

5. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I run 2 Husky 145 backpack blowers, 1 new Husky 325L trimmer, Husky 51 chain saws and also have a Husky 48" gear drive walk behind.

All my Husky stuff is great. Starts within two pulls every time. I use their brand mixing oil and regular grade gas. Their prices seem ok to me. I paid a little too much for the walk behind, that's my fault with the dealer, not Husky's.

I hear their lawn tractors stink. I don't know for sure, never had one.

6. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Use Husky trimmer (325) Edger (322) and blower (155). Love 'em. They are lighter than Stihl and the trimmers and edgers are more powerful. They also stay productive and trouble free longer. Just purchased a Husky chain saw last week and was very pleased initially. Had one snag with the chain- the dealer fixed the spocket and did not charge me. Starts right up and is easy to service. Also form the prices in Tallahassee Husky seems to be a bit lower than Echo and Stihl.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

Oh, forgot- I'm testing the 60" Husky ZTR Wednesday as well.

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If you run over a Husky will it stay on the porch???

Me neither AWM me neither!!! :laugh:

8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I love my Huskys. I've got a 322l trimmer, 255 edger, and a Husky chainsaw. They just keep going and going, no problems at all. AWM, I don't get the monkey thing either, must be a yankee thing.

9. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Lee, it is not a Yankee thing, I assure you.

Roger

10. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just retired my 122L trimmer, purchased in 1996, and was the only trimmer I had for almost 2 years, after my 125L was stolen. I have 2 125L's, a 225L, a 232L and a ZTR (48" 18hp Kawi). I will retire my Encore 36 WB next year and replace it with a Husky. I may try the BP blower, but I really do like my Redmax.