1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husler super hydro 48

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Groomer, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey you guys! Tell me if I should consider replacing my snapper units with these! The 23 hp sounds like overkill, and that steering "device" looks a little weird.....
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are no longer available.
    You need to demo our TrimStar hydro's, you will have the H-Bar steering and the XR-7 deck, the mower is awesome.

3. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a snapper. I'm sure you like the paddle controls too. I like them better than exmark ECS. Bunton Z controls are interesting and worth looking into. My hands get numb after a long mow session with the snapper. I can't speak for you, but my snapper could use more power and a real improvement in cut quality. Dealer support is at best, so so. They never seem to have the parts in stock. Have you ever had to call Snapper corporate and ask a tech about about something specific regarding your mower ????!! I never could get the answers I was looking for.

Try out that "steering device". It's more natural, especially with a sulke. Better lean and tighter turns while feeling more secure and confident.
  4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

YES the 23hp is great taht the h-bar is unbeatalbe. Try to find a super even a used one you wont' be sorry for the extras the super offers. I think hustler made a big mistake discontinuing them as they have many more desireable featured than the trimstar.
  5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler Hydro and Super Walkbehind are the best walkbehinds around. Once ya try the H-Bar steering ya will never go back. We havent.