1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Husqavarna 48"ZT: Worth 3,000$?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkingforever, Mar 31, 2008.

1. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at local dealer for their Demo Day on Saturday. While there I happened to see a Husqavarna 48" ZT, 17HP Kaw. with 200 hrs. on it.(2004 model). It is on consignment at the dealer because the guy bought it there and he moved out of town. The mower was used for the guy's 3 acre lawn, even though it is a commercial machine. Is it worth 3000$, I was going to offer 2500$ cash and see if he bites. Should I keep saving for a Scag, or try to deal for the Husky and see how it holds up.
    Thanks

2. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any more specific information. What model is it? I might be able to offer some insight.

Q

3. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

The model is IZ4817SKAA. It is in very good shape.

4. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

yes if it is a IZ it is well worth the 3000.00 if that is the size you need i would take it for that.

5. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. The iZ is a solid machine. No real weak links. If it's an '04, it probably has the flat deck. It's a better cutting deck the current TunnelRam. It should last you a long time.

Q