Husqavarna Quality or not??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Nov 6, 2003.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Wondering if anybody is running Husqavarna Eqiupment?
    We have a new hardware store in town and he has the complete Husqavarna line on display- ZTR's, walk-behinds, BP Blowers, string trimmers etc. I finished up a little early today and stopped in. The equipment looks to be of high quality(commercial grades). The owner claims this eqiupment will run right along side any competition.
    All I know is that I have a older Husqavarna Chainsaw and it never quits runs right along side my stihl.

Please your thoughts are appreciated. And just to save you a little time. you don't need to pitch me you ex-marks, toro's, scags, etc. I have or had them all and they are all great machines, just looking for some input on Husqavarna if anybody's running them commercially?

2. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Are you talking about the husqavarna mowers or 2 cycle stuff.

I don't know anything about the mowers.

I had bad luck ~10 years ago with a blower.

I've heard good things about their chainsaws though (I'm sure you know that though).

If you want 2 cycle stuff and have been happy with your chainsaw I would say go for it.

As far as the mowers...I feel that companies need to specialize to make a good product.

3. Clewsew

Clewsew LawnSite Member

Sorry Hortboy, I did a search on Husqavarna and not much came up. Doesn't look like too many people use them. I will say that you can buy Husq. equipment at Lowes and Atwoods stores. I would probably clasify them as more of a homeowner grade. Probably a good piece of equipment, but I think that I would stick to some of the other known commercial brands.

Good luck

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Both quotes bring up an important point here. The Electrolux company, which owns Husqvarna and many other companies, wants to 'own' the commercial market by offering a one stop shop for all your equipment needs. So they have bought there way into about every type of equipment and consolidated everything together.

So they offer excellent equipment and they have a real potential to be a front runner in the market place. However, they fall miserably short in the customer support department. So they will never own a really significant market share due to that because Pros demand top notch service.

With that said, I would avoid Husqvarna, although it's great equipment. If you want to run this equipment you really need to be well connected in the event something goes wrong. You need an established relationship with a great dealer and good contacts with all the componet MFG's.

This way, if you have a problem your dealer can't solve, you can go directly to....Kohler/Kawi/Hydrogear/Parker Ross/Bosch....and get the problem solved. Otherwise you are left to call their customer support, complain to those morons/jerks, while they attempt to give you the run around to the point that it would have cost you less to have bought a new mower.

This is how this company operates

5. subdube

subdube LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have a Husqvarna trimmer and i love it no problem and it cranks everytime. I would buy another.

6. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna's mowers are actually redone FD Kees units. FD Kees has been building average to middle of the road equipment for years.

The major problem with FD Kees and now Husqvarna is customer service and parts availability.

There are many better choices in commercial mowers out there for the same money or less than Husqvarna.

PS. Husqvarna raised the prices on the FD Kees equipment a lot when they painted them orange.

7. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

HUSQVARNA HAS TOTAL SORCE DEALERS. THESE DEALERS ARE DESIGDNED WITH THE COMMERCIAL USER IN MIND BY OFFERING SALES PARTS AND SERVICE.ATWOODS,SEARS AND LOWES HAVE LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME HOME USE EQUIPMENT AS WELL AS COMMERCIAL TRIMMERS.THESE STORES WERE SUPPLIED WITH A LIMITED PRODUCT LINE FOR THE HOME OWNER AND RAISES PRODUCT AWARENESS .AN INDIVIDAUL SHOPPING AT THE MASS MERCHANT CAN BE INTRODUCED TO THE PRODUCT AND IF THEY ARE A COMMERCIAL USER THEY WILL BE REFERRED TO A TOTAL SORCE RETAILER.AB ELECTROLUX ALSO OWNS THE FAMOUS AYP WHICH BUILDS ALL OF SEARS MOWERS.IF YOU LOOK AT THE HUSQVARNA,POULAN,SEARS LINE YOU WILL SEE THAT THE POULAN AND CRAFTSMAN DO NOT OFFER THE SAME FEATURES AS THE HUSQVARNA EVEN THOUGH THE LOOK IS SIMILAR .I HAVE TO AGREE ON THE SERVICE ISSUES WHERE IM FROM HUSQVARNA DEALERS ARE DROPING LIKE FLIES .WHICH LEAVES ME SEARCHING FOR NEW DEALERS AND PARTS.I HAVE FOUND THAT ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO RUN WHAT EVER EQUIPMENT IS AVAILABLE LOCALLY.EVEN IF IT MAY NOT BE YOUR FIRST CHOICE.I SEE A LOT OF REPLIES ABOUT LOWES AND HOME DEPOT AND HAVE TO SAY SURE I LOOK TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE BUT LETS FACE IT IF THE STORE YOU BUY YOUR EQUIPMENT FROM PUTS IT UP IN THE WINTER AND REPLACES IT WITH CHRISTMAS TREES YOUR SHOPPING AT THE WRONG PLACE.ANY COMMERCIAL RETAIL STORE WILL OFFER SERVICE AND SALES REGARDLESS OF THE TIME OF YEAR .AND YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE SAVINGS WHEN YOU BUY A MOWER WHEN ITS SNOWING OUTSIDE.HOWEVER MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE THAT HUSQVARNA HAS FAILED TO OFFER A COMMERCIAL 21"FOR THE SECOND YEAR .THEY SAY TOTAL SORCE WELL THEY ARE CLOSE LETS SAY 95%.

8. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

I GUESS THE SPELL CHECK DOES NOT WORK "SOURCE"

9. lost mountain

lost mountain LawnSite Member

I too have an older Husqvarna chainsaw (16" bar) and it has NEVER stopped. I think the Swedes make great 2 cycle gear and have been for years. Great input above about the pro mowers. Those old enough to remember, Husqvarna made dirt bikes as well. In Scandinavia, you'll see Husqvarna refrigerators, washers, dryers and all kinds of other equipment and appliances. Electolux is also Swedish isn't it?

10. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Dude, not trying to be mean or anything but please lose the caps. I know i don't type with perfect grammar, but caps is so hard to read. It is also considered yelling on forums. Just my $.02.