husquavarna buying redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sawman65, Nov 13, 2006.

1. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i was reading one of my trade mags and i saw that it was a done deal anyone else heard of this.if its true that would mean A.Y.P. would own them because correct me if i am wrong they own husquavarna,poulan and long before redmax make it to the big box stores?
  2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I doubt they will go to the box stores.

Look at all the companies owned by Husky and how many are in the box stores?

All I think will happen is Husky will make orange blowers and sell them for more $ and use the points they get from Redmax's cleaner engines so they can still put out units that dont meet EPA.
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Correction: Husqvarna owns the Husqvarna,Poulan,PoulanPro,Weedeater,Dixon and many other brand names. They produce mowers under the Craftsman name for Sears. I do not believe AYP is actually a functioning name of this anymore although many people on the repair side will probably group everything and call it AYP for quite a while still since it's been embedded in our brains.
  4. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

there is no way that redmax will go to those stores. redmax is COMERCIAL EQUIPMENT!!!!!!! remeber homeowners arent going to spend 400+ on a comercial grade blower or trimmer..... HOMEOWNDERS go to homedepot
  5. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

also hyquana or W/e arent sold in comercial stores, all thT i care is that redmax still has powerful blowers
  6. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

People have thought that about alot of brands...
  7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

so does TSC stores
  9. sawman65

from what i can see everything husky has put there hands on has ended up in the big box stores.and blower boy i sell $500.00 blowers and $8000.00 mowers to homeowners everyday.and i will look but i do belive A.Y.P. owns still husky.
    it all goes back to the old saying if you cant beat them buy them the kill them from within toro has been great at this they did it to lawnboy as toro did it to exmark.i look at it like this if you can buy it at the big box then it is on its way out
  10. sawman65

i found this by looking
    As of June 12, Electrolux shareholders received one share of Husqvarna for each share of Electrolux stock they own. Trading in Husqvarna stock is expected to start on today on the O-list of the Stockholm Stock Exchange.

The Orangeburg plant's name change is nothing new.

The company began in the Orangeburg area in the early 1970s under the name of Roper Corp. In 1989, shortly after Roper was purchased by General Electric Co., the outdoor products unit was acquired by AB Electrolux and named American Yard Products.

In 1997, by uniting three sister companies, American Yard Products, Frigidaire Co. and Poulan/Weed Eater, Frigidaire Home Products was formed.

The year 2000 saw the plant undergo another name change when the Electrolux Group, the world's largest producer of products for kitchen, cleaning and outdoor use, signed an agreement to reacquire the trademark and company name Electrolux from Electrolux LLC, an American direct sales floor care products company.

Beyond outdoor products, Electrolux is the world's leading producer of powered appliances for the kitchen such as refrigerators, washing machines, cookers and vacuum cleaners.

Husqvarnas consumer products in North America are made at three other U.S. plants. There are two in Arkansas for portable equipment and one in Georgia for lawn mowers.

The U.S. headquarters for Husqvarna is in Augusta, Ga.; its home office is in Jonkoping, Sweden.

[ Back To's Homepage
    this was posted in6/07 so yes ayp owns husky