1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husquavarna trimmers how do they perform

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by utterway landscaper, Mar 18, 2005.

1. utterway landscaper

utterway landscaper LawnSite Member

my mower dealer used to carry echos and now his ditrbutor is going exclusivly with husquavarna trimmers just wondering if anyone out there is using them they seem to be built well I want to keep doing bussiness with the same place. how do they perform? If there built like there saws I would feel comfortable in bying one.
  2. teach

teach LawnSite Member

I have the Husqvarna 326Lx. It is super light and had lots of power. I did, however, break the shaft when it was about two years old. The shaft has a lifetime warranty, so my dealer fixed it at no charge. It always gets used before my Shindiaqa simply because of light weight. When it's time to buy another, I will definitely go with Husqvarna.
  3. utterway landscaper

utterway landscaper LawnSite Member

thanks for the info!!
  4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

The Husq dealer here pushes Shindawa trimers over the Husq and says the Shin last laonger.
  5. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

I am not sure if there is a dif. between the models Lowe's stocks, & an independent dealer, but my dad bought the $200. model at Lowes. I tried talking him into Shindaiwa( I have 2 t230's) , but he didn't want to spend another $70. My only complaint is it has slow throttle response compared to my shindy's. It may be his unit, not sure. Otherwise it seems to be a good unit. Good luck, maybe your dealer will give you a week or 2 demo?
  6. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Love my husky equip, light powerfull, easy starting, even after they have been run so long and hard that the trimmer head actually got hot enough to melt. (this didn't happen to me, it was a friend of mine who worked on the railroad clearing along the tracks. All they did was run their huskies 8 to 10 hours a day along the tracks. The head got so hot from the friction that it melted. He stoped for lunch and when he started it up the head wouldn't move. It had cooled down and stuck itself to the gear box.)

The only things I have ever had to replace was a couple of throttle cables and gear boxes.
  7. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Green814, I do believe threre is a difference, but cn not be 100% sure. In some industries there is. For instance, the rifles sold at a gunstore do differ from those sold at Wal Mart and come with a cheaper stock. I would be curious to see if the parts inside of of a unit from Lowes are the same as that from a dealer. Are some plastic and some metal? Just food for though. The big stores do have an advantage over a dealer also by being able to buy in bulk which can aslo have a big bearing on price. So is a store like Lowes making a killing by having a higher GP by buying a cheaper piece of equipment, charging more thn it should be and underselling the small time dealer?
  8. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

My husqvarna 323L works great and has good power and is lightweight. I bought it at the beginning of the season last year and it worked well all season. When I started to use it this season the recoil spring broke (but i think thats because I pull with great force). Cost me $15 dollars to get fixed and it picked up right where it left off. I suggest them, the only negative is parts take a while to get in.
  9. motorider000

motorider000 LawnSite Member

I will NEVER EVER let another dollar of my hard earned money go to husquvarna. They don;t even have customer service. Go stihl, echo, shindaiwa, anything but husquvarna!!
  10. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

I agree 100 percent!

They have no idea of what customer service is all about and the dealers in my area are totally clueless!

Redmax, Echo or Shindaiwa would be my pick if I were you!