1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husquavarna zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sefh, Jul 19, 2006.

1. sefh

sefh LawnSite Member

Just wondering what everyone thought of these zero turns. For the people that have them are there any problems? Looking at one that is a 25hp Kawasaki with 52in deck for a 3 acre yard for residential use. Please give me feedback of what you think. Thanks
  2. rustic

rustic LawnSite Member

I have a 2002 18 HP Kohler 48 inch Husqvarna ztr. Been in service 4 seasons and have never had any mechanical trouble AT ALL (I do keep the maintenance up to date).

Now I know no one likes Husqy mowers on this forum, but I've been nothing but happy with mine... Nice cut, plenty powerful, reliable.
  3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Very well built mowers but I don't like the "tunnel ram" deck. The quality of cut leaves much to be deisred.
  4. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

They should paint them yellow ......or is it that they turn yellow after they cant seem to fix the problem?... hope that helps you
  5. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Yup no one likes the husqvarnas but I love mine. I bought a 48" with a 21 hp kawasaki and I liked it so much that I bought a 52" with a 25 hp kohler. The 48 has almost 500 hours and I have replaced one belt and thats all. They cut great. I have had no problems with the tunnel ram.
  6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey watch it I like great danes.
    I also like Husq I demoed one for 3 days one of which was in the rain. It was a 05-06 27hp 60" tunnel ram ztr. The mower cut great and steering was nimble. It also was a blast to use I enjoyed it very much. Price was $9K.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't even advise it for homeowner use.

Do yourself a favor and spend your money with a better company.

The YELLOW referred to is as in LEMON YELLOW.

Have a good look at the other brand names.
    Husqvarna-Yazoo/Kees are bottom of the barrel.
  8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always bought Husq trimmers and blowers and have never had one problem. I don't think the things ever stop running. My blower has been run over by my trailer twice(4,000lbs) and still starts on the 1st pull. My trimmers have fallen off the trailer many times and still work perfect. I still have my original 326Lx that has well over 1,000hrs on it and it starts on the 2nd pull.
  9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Envy is bitter about a bad encounter with Husqvarna/Yazoo-Kees. I understand that.

The truth is that Envy was treated like crap. That falls on the dealer and the distributor. There are examples of this with every manufacturer. For example, Lesco is a joke in our area due to the lack of support by the local stores.

Overall, Yazoo/Kees products have been very good to me. They have some of the best riders in the industry at great prices. The quality of cut is excellent as well. We are lucky to have a great dealer that has a very good distributor backing him up.
  10. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Envy is not the only gut who was bit by the husquvarna snake. Yes, the two stroke equipment use to be great but the ztr leaves a WHOLE lot to be desired. Take your money else where and buy a Scag. A great mower that is in the same price range.