Husquvarna "Z"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Aug 14, 2001.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend just demoed a Husquvarna 23 HP Kawasaki Z today and says it's extremely fast and cuts very good. Do any of you have one and if so, what's your opinion of them and would you buy another? How do they compare to Exmark, Toro, DC. It looks like a well built and well laid out machine to me. How about the 23 Kaw or the 25 Kaw engine?
  2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

we looked at one at our local agway well designed. our thought then it was to expensive compared to the others you mention.
    I bought a left baffle from them put it on my Scag Sthm works great saved lots .
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

It wont compare to Exmark around here, and Toro has a pretty good foothold and following as well. The Kawasaki is a great engine. Either HP if good, just remember, they under rate the motor's by 2HP. So if you get a 25 HP you are really getting a 27. Dont know why they do that but a mower Manufacturer told me they do that.
  4. LES

LES LawnSite Member

I,ve run Husky, ExMark, Ferris, and Hustler and the Husky couldn't even come close to the ExMark or the Hustler. (Both 60" Decks)
    I feel that the ExMark has the best cutting deck on the market no questions asked!!
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i demowed one and it seemed pretty fair machine.
    im a lazer man myself ,but i wouldnt be afraid of the husk.
    i think this is just the kees with a different paint job.
  6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the Exmark, Toro, Lesco, and Husky. I decided on the Husky. Someone replied that the Exmark was superior. I don't know what he did, but the Husky I got was equal to or superior to all the others I looked at. Last week I used it to cut grass and weeds as high as the top of the operator handles. It cut it in one pass.

It makes a great, smooth cut. I chose it over the Exmark because it was over $800 cheaper and had a Kawi instead of Kohler. BTW, I am very happy with it so far and will probably get another (for dedicated bagging) next year.

You gotta go with what you like, but some people only like what they have and are never open-minded to anything else.
  7. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

I have owned A Husqvarna 18 horse for a couple of months and have been really happy with it, can't compare though it is the only zero turn I have owned. Price was right 48 inch with 18 horse Kawasaki for 4995.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard nothing but good about these machines, and they look like they're built to last. Who makes these machines, again? We talked about it before, but I can't remember who they are built by.
  9. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

Runner, they are made by Kees and you are right they are a well made machine.
  10. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

from just looking at there picture in the april 2001 turfmag. kind of reminds me of the post i read. were one of eric elms lawns was used to sell chraftsman riding mowers. whene it was acually cut with a dixie chopper .
    just look at the picture of the guy mowing on his right back tire its making the grass lighter instead of darker. i dont think those stripes was made with that mower .they should have moved the mower more to the left and that way it would look like they cut it with that mower.
    although that foot pedal that lifts the deck sure looks easy to make for the mowers that dont have it .and would like to scalp less.