Husqvarna 21" experiences?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Jun 25, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Any of you guys used this mower yet?

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Why? Is it new? Husq has had a 21" for...I don't know how long.

3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got one its pretty freakin tough i like the briggs engine better than the honda ive had both just seems like the briggs has more power and takes more abuse

4. Groh's Mows

Groh's Mows LawnSite Member

Yes the have a new 21 out this year. It looks and feels very heavy duty with the heavy duty price to go with it. I looked at one at our local dealer who sells mostly Walker and Snapper and I was suprised they had one on the floor as they don't usually carry much inventory besides a few homeowner Snappers. It seemed very solid and about as heavy as a Toro Proline. I tipped it up and looking at the bottom of the deck I questioned how well it would mulch. I think there is a photo of one posted on here somewhere...Try to contact Whiple5.7 if he doesn't post about this. I know he runs one.

5. Groh's Mows

tb8100, I was just guessing you meant the commercial mower with the 6 hp kaw engine. If not the husky line of homeoner machines are identical to several models made by MTD down to the 6 speed drive with the center pull drive system that looks like a bicycle brake handle. The homeowner line has been around for quite a while and are sold at the big box stores. They are nothing special.

6. Groh's Mows

I will try to post a pic...

husky.JPG

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

looks like they wanna copy off toro/exmark. and then it has the hinda flip up thing. and the bag has no suppot. go get a real commercial mower, snapper, toro, exmark

8. Lordtimothy

Lordtimothy LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 21'' mower has been out for several years. The flip up cover is for rear discharge. Not quite sure what you mean by the bag not having any support. There is only so much support a bag needs.

Timo

9. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

sorry. It was late. I meant the commercial unit. I know they're pricey, but are they worth it?

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have one and it runs like a champ