Husqvarna 21" Mower- NEED OPINIONS!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I'm going to replace my POS Craftsman 21" Hi-Vac mower. It's 4 years old with a 6.5 Horse. I usually use my friends Husqvarna 21" HI-Vac and it without question outperforms the Crapsman. Better Cut, Speed as well as Bagging capabilities. This mower I stumbled upon isnt a HI-Vac, but it has the bag, mulch, sd options and features the "Hi-Tunnel" deck. Also a plus is the HP.. 8.75 on a 21" Mower must be screaming with power! I've looked at quite a few reviews and haven't found one thats not satisfied with the machine. Just wanted to see what you guys think, I appreciate the input!

Here is the Link:
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...arden&cName=Lawn+Mowers&sName=Rear+Bag+Mowers

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

HP is not 8.75. Torque rating is. Two different things.

I have a three-year old Husqvarna I bought at Lowe's for $400. I would buy another tomorrow if I had to. It has the Honda 5.5hp. I am no B&S fan at all.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

What the hell is 8.75 torque rating? That is kind of misleading.
    I don't know how much you use a 21", but if you only use it ocassionally, then that one should last a long time.
    And believe it or not, Husqvarna has GREAT customer service. (no kidding)

4. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

snapper makes a very nice push mower for around 700 iirc. two guys i know swear by them.

josh

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i used to work on the honda motor on those (worked for an outsourced company that did lowe's warranty work). From what i could tell it was probably one of the best homeowner 21" mowers there is. anytime you have a honda engine you know it's gonna last though. the good news is a lone 10mm socket will pretty much completely take the engine apart.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

But the Husq. is about half of that. Depends on usage I guess.

7. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

yes that is true, just throwing out one option i knew about.

8. Cathman

Cathman LawnSite Member

I too have one with the 5.5 Honda and the side discharge chute/bag. Got it on a warranty return thing and it has been flawless, plus i got it for half price a little over two years ago. All the wheels are bearinged, the cut is very nice and its all easy to adjust/work on. I have used it quite a bit, regular oil changes and keeping it clean and it starts first pull every time and runs and cuts like a champ. I see Lowe's here quit carrying them....wish i knew before they did it, i would have bought a backup. Good luck, i have not owned a "commercial" unit before so i have no other comparison. But the Husky has been very good to me so far.