Husqvarna 223L trimmer Kicks a**

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Mar 24, 2008.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I was never fan of Husq and got there new trimmer and only 2 pulls and started up. The idle was high for about a min but I throttled it lightly and went back down. The pull is great versus my echo SRM series. Its got alot of torque for its size and is smooth but when it idles its kinda shaky. It runs clean and I put my hand near the exhuast and didn't smell or stain my hand. The foam filter is about 3 turns before it opens and it is placed on top of the trimmer. It very light with the guard off and it remind me of the Shindys T230 or T260 models. I use echo syn blend and 89 Octane. For $259.00 the Husq is pretty good.

2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I bought the 326LS, their biggest mover, and it's a beast. more power than I will ever likely need. The only bummer is that Edgit doesn't make a disc for it. Seems like a good solid edger, but I haven't used it enough to say much more yet. Good balance, no vibration, starts on the first or second pull. It's ready to rock and roll within less than 10 seconds.

My biggest concern is with all that power, it will be all too easy to girdle trees or knock off stucco!

3. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

Glad to hear some good reviews on the Husqvarna trimmers. I was actually looking at them today, as well as one of their blowers.

4. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Anything will seem better than the echo srm210 you were using.

5. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 322 or 323 (can't remember which) Husky and it's been the best trimmer. The reason I bought this trimmer is that it's light and has plenty of power for what I do. I am not a bigger is better type. I like light and plenty. It's less fatigue on me when carrying the thing around.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my fav trimmers too!

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If you think you like it and it has planty of power NOW, wait till you get it good and broke in. Mine took quite a while before they really got broke in good and all the power came on.

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Have anyone compare the noise level of Husky 326 to Redmax 2400 or 2500 series Strato engine? Husky 326 suppose to be very quiet.

9. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I actually used it today instead of a spade for bed edging... LOL.... the thing kicked ass! Yeah, I went through some line, but it's a freakin bed edge trimmer! I would not say it's real quiet though...

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

From the spec, the 326 is supposed to be 1 dB higher noise than the Honda GX25 engine in the 324. That should be very quiet. So you don't think is that quiet. How does it compare to Echo, Redmax or Shindaiwa if you can recall.

Thanks