Husqvarna 223L

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wet1, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Wet1

Wet1 LawnSite Member

I was in a real pinch yesterday when my trusty Shindaiwa T230 finally died (after seven years of hard work) so I ran into Lowes to buy a trimmer to get me through the day. I ended up buying a Husqvarna 223L for $260. Any thoughts on this trimmer? If nothing else, I like the fact that it's not any heavier than my old T230, but it seems to have just as much power... if not more. I realize the 223L is homeowner grade (I know, I know, but that's all Lowes caried), but I'm thinking about keeping it as there's not much to dislike about it. My only concern is if it will last more than a couple years. On the other hand, I don't see much else on the market that weighs in at 9 lbs. or less (which is a major criteria for my trimer purchase).

Thoughts on the Husqvarna 223L?

2. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

I have been using a this trimmer all season and love it. I don't know how long it will hold up, but it has been great so far.

3. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

The 223L has a commercial engine, gear box, and head. Just has a flexable cable shaft instead of steel like the 326 series. I nice trimmer though.

4. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna makes some mighty fine line trimmers. That 223L is very nice. I think it weighs about 9 lbs and pushes 1.2 horse power, very light, powerful and balanced. Like the previous post stated, the only real difference between the 223L and 326 is the shaft and thats about it. The head, engine, gear, clutch are all commerical (Echo now makes most of thier timmers with cable shaft and gurantees them for life) so I really doubt that you will have a problem with that shaft for a really long time. I started off with a Husqvarna 123L (there lowest end model and a cable shaft), put about 300 yards on it. I gave the 123L to a neighbor and he is still using it to this day. That 223L will last you a long time. I don't know who makes the E-Tech engines in them, but I have never had a problem with them and they start everytime. I just bought some Kaw KGT27a trimmers and my Husqvrna keeps making it back on the trailer when I go out. Need to add another Husqvarna. :dizzy: :dizzy: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I have two 123L's, they are lightweight and super reliable.

6. Wet1

Wet1 LawnSite Member

Great info guys, Thanks. I guess I'll keep it and see how she holds up. :)