1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna 223L

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rangerz21, Aug 20, 2013.

1. rangerz21

rangerz21 LawnSite Member

I have a 1 1/2 year old 223L Husqvarna trimmer. The pull cord is stuck out. After taking it apart I can see the Spring has torn the plastic string spool. I replaced the plastic spool only to have the same thing happen on the 2nd pull after I put it back together. I would have replaced the spring also but it is on back order. Of course I see this is an issue with the trimmer AFTER I bought it. Any way to repair/replace this so it won't happen again? I now have the back cover off with zip ties holding the fuel tank on and start the trimmer with a drill. I would like to see Husqvarna upgrade this part. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the start assist mechanism, mine messed up as well. You can order the whole housing assembly from PartsTree and it will be just like their other commercial units as far as the starter. Bolts right up.
  3. rangerz21

rangerz21 LawnSite Member

Do you know if it is built any better than the original design?
  4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

There are fewer parts to break in the non-assist design, so it should hold up better. Just order the one for the 326l.
  5. PA GrassChoppers

PA GrassChoppers LawnSite Member
    from PA

Had the same happen to mine after about 2 months of owning it and Husqvarna tried to say I held the cord out while it was running....
  6. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

did they replace it under warranty? not the kind of customer service im looking forward to, may be just less headache to replace yourself and not put up with the aggravation, which is probably what Husky is hoping acting like that!