1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna 224L true 4 cycle trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by smallstripesnc, Apr 9, 2013.

1. cgrant711

cgrant711 LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, idk about that, maybe on some of the 224l's, but mine has Hondas name on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I am 100% sure it is a Honda on the one that I have and Honda is on the side.
    You can buy a Honda brand and it is the same parts brake down.

3. jeffb007

jeffb007 LawnSite Member

Indeed it does.I just went and looked mine has HONDA written on the side of the engine. Just got it two days ago and all I can say is I Love this trimmer.

4. outpowspo

outpowspo LawnSite Member

It's funny because you never see a pro in my area using anything but a 2 stroke. What they loose in HP they make up in torque.Honda makes good engines but it is 2 strokes from here on until they ban them. I own a 4 mix but I would take a new Shin over it any day!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

purchased a Husqvarna 224L last summer,, it died in less than 3 months,, engine froze, but that was acually my fault,,, not used to having a 4stroke trimmer,, oops... wasted $300.00

6. Unleaded

Unleaded LawnSite Member

The Honda logo is stamped on the engine
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Bronze Member

Love both of mine. Have used them for several years and won't use anything else.