1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna 225 R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pranshaw, Oct 13, 2008.

1. pranshaw

pranshaw LawnSite Member

A friend of mine gave me a Husqvarna 225R trimmer with the bike handle bars. He told me that he didn't want it because due to the flexable shaft he couldn't put a blade on the end of it. I haven't taken it apart to see what kind of shaft it actually has but looked at the manual online and it gives blades as optional accessories. My question would be am I going to tear this machine up if I put a brush blade on it or will it be fine? I also have a Stihl FS90 that I could put a blade on but I would rather leave it with the regular loop handle as apposed to the bike bars so I would really like to put the blade on the Husqvarna.

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I dont remember that machine ever having a flex shaft.
  3. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

It is a brushcutter and can handle a blade. No worries about that.

I suggest you don't put it on the fs90, the extra power you don't need. What you want is bike handles to push away the tall freshly cut grass.
  4. pranshaw

pranshaw LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help gentleman...
  5. George Mason

George Mason LawnSite Member

I put a brush blade on my FS90 every once in a while to clean up poke-berry and briar patches and I don't put the handle bars on it. We even have old brush cutters with the handle bars and I still use the FS90, dealer said it was no problem at all for it and it cuts nicely too.