Husqvarna 232L Blade options / advice please!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by XR650, Dec 17, 2007.

1. XR650

XR650 LawnSite Member

I love the site!!!

I just bought a new Husky 232L trimmer from the internet...:hammerhead:.. Buyer Beware. Nothing bad I just had looked at enough TRIMMERS to see that most 30cc and up machines could run a metal brush blade. Well now I find out this machine does not offer the metal brush blade just a cheap three blade plactic one - you can never do enough research!

I know this trimmer turns to the LEFT, but that should not affect mounting a blade, right?

Has anyone mounted a brush blade? Any special adapters needed? Any advice is much appreciated!!:drinkup:!

Merry Christmas ---- Tom in Texas

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

What you really want is the bike handle version. They should make a barrier kit for it but the bike handle is safer. You can mount one on that machine just get the right setup.

I have on as well, nice machine.

3. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

You can buy a blade conversion kit for the 232, it will come with everything you need and a metal brush blade. Part # 5037817-03

4. XR650

XR650 LawnSite Member

Bakers and Sawman thanks for the advice.

Does anyone know why they make trimmers that spin Left vs. Right?

5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

It's the gearbox at the end of the shaft. Curved shaft trimmers don't have one and spin clockwise. Straight shaft trimmers use one and it reverses the rotation.

6. XR650

XR650 LawnSite Member

This is a straight shaft and for commercial use. I guess it must be a right hand / left hand thing like golf clubs. I would ask a dealer but there is no telling what kind of response they might give me. I have just had so many I never knew there was a difference or that there was an option. Husqvarna makes the 232L and the 232R the same trimmer with two different rotations of the head. For those who want the option it is there.

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

turning to the left is counter-clockwise. This is the norm. A blade would work with either direction---you'd just have to flip it if you were turning clockwise.