1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husqvarna 326LDx trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncarepros2004, Feb 19, 2004.

1. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

Anybody got any experience with the husky 326LDx trimmer with the detachable two piece shaft. Motor works for the edger, pole pruner, weedwacker, hedge trimmer, and clean sweep attachment. Seems like a savy idea. Might be good for a one man show.
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have the detachable one with all of the attachments but I do have the 326LD. Excelent machine. Has lotso power and is very light.
    I usually only use half throttle cause it is too much when I have it wide open. Differnet torq range than the 323 or other trimmers.
    Did I mention I like this trimmer?
  3. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

I got a 326 but it is not with the split boom and love it. I have a echo 260 split boom and use it with all the attatchments. I have a tiller, trimer, articulating hedger, and edger att. I bought a 260 w/o and one with which came with a trimmer head and then got the edger att. at purchase. I used it for edging and then had a backup if the trimmer quit. now I just mainly use it for the hedger. I now have several trimmers and edgers and like the Huskys best, Lighter and start faster than the echo.
  4. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

Good to hear the praises on the 326. Any idea why the husky edger cost $100 more than the competitors this year. I was mainly comparing it to the stihl fc85 which i got quoted at $219, which seems cheap. Does the husky blow the stihl out of the water or what?
  5. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Echo PAS-260 split shaft...

you'll never look back..

better dealer support as well