1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husqvarna 326lx trimmer. good?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Nov 24, 2005.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i was in lowes last night and seen a floor model husqvarna 326lx trimmer that was marked down from $365.00 to 185.00 so i bought it.. anyone know hoe strong and good they are. i always run echo 260's or stihl fs80r and my favorite is the stihls. but for the price i had to buy it. any info great. one other note it is lighter than my shihl's buy like .7 lbs. :D
  2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The Husky trimmers are a good one, I've got a 323L here. its a pretty good machine, though a little underpowered at times, a good machine.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

I have several of these and they are great. the 326 and 325 are the best of the line . i also have a 323 but it dosnt quite match the others. somehow husky has gotten these to be emmision complaint and yet run better and smoother while delivering more power . you would be hard pressed to find a better trimmer this light and powerfull.
  4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

They are light and powerful, but they also have high vibration. I have found the throttle to only allow operation at idle or full speed. There doesn't seem to be any way to feather the trigger to cut at low speed. That and they shake too much for me is why I gave them up.
  5. Gumby

Gumby LawnSite Member

A 326lx was the first trimmer I bought for the business when I started out. It's done countless hours of work (first year I had a cemetary and it got at least 5 hours a week at that site alone) and the only thing(s) that have ever gone wrong with it has been a broken pc. in the recoil starter and a broken pull rope. I fixed both problems easily myself for less than $15 total. They feel light and are easy to handle. The do not put out tons of power, but they are more than adequate for 98% of the work I do. Recently bought a Stihl FS80r and have been switching back and forth between the two to see which one I like better and have determined that I like the Stihl better for working around foundations, air conditioner units, and other areas that require you to be precise, but if I had to pick one unit to run for 8 hours straight it would be the 326lx hands down, just because of the ease of handling and weight savings. It's a good choice, especially if you have a dealer near you that can provide parts and service if you require it.
  6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

You gotta love the Husky saws but the trimmers, blowers are a different story.

The trimmers lack power and dealers in my area do not stock parts for the trimmers which is a major PITA!
  7. lawnboy dan

you need to try the newest versions -tons of power

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have run several of these a little under powered in spring growth,the biggest fault is the fuel tank to small we will be filling up several times a day,but all in all a reliable trimmer.
  9. Jim Buessing

Jim Buessing LawnSite Member

Sorry ever since husky was purchased by electrolux I have watched a degredation of the product line. Not a big fan.
  10. lawnboy dan

i am telling you the newest ones with the e-tech 2 engine are vastly improved. they use less fuel too. no way i am going back to echo as long as i can get these.