Husqvarna 335 xpt chainsaw

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by gosselin142258, Mar 3, 2008.

1. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

So i got one of these reeeeeeeeeal cheap. I went picked up a new ngk spark plug and a chain. I know I got the right size chain. my issue is how do i put some tension on the chain? I started the saw it runs mint. I cannot tighten the chain though. I am 100% positive it's the right size. I do not see a screw to tighten chain though. please :hammerhead:help

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

I'm not sure on yours, but on mine there are 2 nuts on the left hand side, if your facing it with the chain in front of you, you loosen them, then there is a screw in between the bar and the motor you just tighten it, and then tighten the other two nuts

3. gosselin142258

from Mass

On most chainsaws there's a nut directly on the front. that's weird what you described. I'll have to give it a shot. thanks alot man

4. gosselin142258

from Mass

yea so in response to your reply. Haven't found it. i'm baffeled

5. cat2

from Mi

i'll take a pic if i remember

6. gosselin142258

from Mass

thanks that'd be great

7. johnp900

johnp900 LawnSite Member

Remove the bar cover & bar & metal plate. Should be a screw & pin that fits in a slot beneath the metal plate. The pin fits into a hole in the bar & the screw sticks out the front of the saw. That may be missing or someone could have put an "Intez" bar on this saw. An intez bar has a small slot at the top of the bar just as it comes out of the saw. Loosen the bar cover & insert a screwdriver in the slot & turn to tighten the chain

8. cat2

from Mi

losening the nuts. chain.jpg

then tighten the screw
    100_2158.jpg

At least thats how i do mine

chain.jpg

100_2158.jpg

9. gosselin142258

from Mass

yea i disasembeld my saw this afternoon. I was missing the tensioner screw. I placed an order w/ a local dealer. will have the parts friday. thanks for the help and illustrations though man.

10. cat2

from Mi

No problem. Glad to help and glad you found the problem.