Husqvarna 48 PZT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Curtis Avery, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Curtis Avery

Curtis Avery LawnSite Member

I own a husqvarna PZT and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me with the issues that im experiencing. What type of blades work best for sedgehammer?
    When I stop at the end of a pass to turnthe wheel spins and tears up the turf. I can prevent this by taking a little extra time when I turn, but there has to be a better solution. I do not have this issues when I use my chopper. Is there a better tire to use?

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Have you checked to see if the tires have the correct pressure. Over inflation will cause a lack of traction since the full tread width isn't touching the ground. I've found that 9 or 10 psi all around works best on average. The ride is also much better.
    Stan

3. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 52" Husky and have been experiencing the same problem. Love the mower but this is a problem. Having to be very careful on turns.

4. Curtis Avery

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try tomorrow. The mower is very heavy compared to other mowers and im sure that contributes to some of the issue. I see different opinions about blades and was hoping someone with a husky had a suggestion for blades. I see the G6 , i wonder if they work.

5. Curtis Avery

Dan, im going to try the pressure suggested but I wonder is a different tire would help. Its time consuming when i have to turn.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

K turns is pretty standard for a ztr
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Get a Timesaver 30 my man! :cool2:

8. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Timemaster over a ztr. That's funny.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Nine large in the pocket an bet dollar's to donuts you will not be complaining about turfing up a yard as much.

10. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol. You cutting 1/4-1+ acres with a 30" Timemaster? Most have no use for something that small and problematic. Better to adjust to a real machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device