Husqvarna 48" ZTR Tunnel Ram - Grass Catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hartnett Lawn Care, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I bought a 2007 4819Z Husqvarna ZTR with the Tunnel Ram. The tunnel ram deck has a unique design that really churns up the grass.

My problem is that Husqvarna does not provide a grass catcher. When I bought the machine my distributer ordered a cloth grass catcher and then learned Husqvarna does not have them anymore.

My distributer then went to Accelerator Grass Catchers who said they provide grass catchers for the Husqvarna. However, the two they sent would rub the rear tire on the machine.

Does anyone know someone that can make a grass catcher for this machine?

2. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

try rack em or grass gobbler

3. Hartnett Lawn Care

Thanks IPS mowing....if I can't get a side grass catcher you are force to spend $1850 for a vacuum system?

4. Lordtimothy

Lordtimothy LawnSite Member

Hmmmm I am 99.9 percent sure Husqvarna provides a blower/catcher for that. Will check in the morning and let you know.

Timo

5. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Husky 4217 Z w/ the tunnel ram deck. Because the deck design is new, it's 7" deep and the discharge outlet is curved I haven't been able to find any aftermarket parts/accessories that will fit. I think we're stuck with Husky accessories for now.

6. Hartnett Lawn Care

Thanks Lord Timothy and Wooley 99.

The only accessories that Husky has is an $1850 vacuum. I have not been able to find any grass catchers available at all.

any thoughts?

7. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you have a winter welding project. I'm interested in how well the mulch kit works on southern grass. I hope to find out next spring.

8. Hartnett Lawn Care

No Husky 4217 Z w/ the tunnel ram deck use a grass catchers?

Thanks for any info on this....there must be a ton of guys using the equipment...especiall down south.

9. Lordtimothy

Lordtimothy LawnSite Member

Check your PM.

Timo

10. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

They have two very nice collection systems for the Tunnel Ram. A dump from the seat and a triple bagger. If your talkin about a side mount catcher, we have used the Jumbo Grass Gobbler's with some minor modification.