Husqvarna and John Deere String Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 26, 2003.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any experience with:
    1. Husqvarna string trimmers (Models 322L and 325L or LX)

2. The John Deere Pro Series string trimmers that have the Mitsubishi engines (Models XT105, XT120 and Xt140)

I am looking for a light weight and cheap back up unit to my Shindaiwa T230 and Honda 4 cycle trimmers. These models seem to fit these criteria.

Thank you

2. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I have the Huqvarna 225L trimmer, BT165 backpack blower, and a Husky 45 chainsaw all of which have been flawless since day one. However, I did buy a new Stihl KM85R split shaft trimmer today but only because I wanted the edger attachment and if I were buying just a trimmer it would have been another Husky. Husqvarna make a very nice machine and you will be happy.

3. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I have XT140's and love them!

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

You want lightweight and inexpensive???

Try the Echo SRM-210...plenty of power and very reasonably priced. Echo has awesome parts support and a great dealer network as well. (The SRM-210 goes for $199.99 in the States)

Nice lightweight commercial trimmer for the money!!!!!

5. lawnmutt

lawnmutt LawnSite Member

I have Husqvarna 322L (3) and 325L (2)

oldest ones are about 3 years old the hold up very good not a problem with any of them. Well I did wear 1 or 2 heads out, but thats a wear item.

very light weight very high RPM 325L is better in tall grass. If your going to be doing alot of tall grass (pond banks and such) get somthing bigger. but for weekly yards their the ones we use.

6. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

go with the husqvarna. it will be the first off the trailer.

7. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I have the Husky 322L and find it great.

8. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 322L and a 325LX. Very light and very fast. No problems with them. The echo and shindaiwa never get used any more.

9. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

last i knew the johnny trimmers were made by echo for johnny, so what runs like a deere??

10. G. Moose

G. Moose LawnSite Member

I'd shy away from the Deeres. From what I've seen they're commercial stuff just isn't as good as others. The husky shoud be fine but I'd go with an Echo srm-210. About $200 and they will last forever. :D