Husqvarna and Redmax ? LOOK!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Feb 5, 2007.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i was looking at products on Husqvarna's website and i noticed that they have a lot of new 2-cycle equipment. The one thing i noticed was the 170 BF backpack blower. It looks identical to the Redmax 7001. Now i use scag and husqvarna mowers and Redmax two cycle and i dont know what to expect now as i was looking to get another Redmax 7001. THe husqvarna mowers have been very good to me but should we redmax owners start looking away to a different brand? I just wanted to hear everyones thoughts on this.

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I am loyal to Redmax Equipment at the moment but if Husk. starts changing the Redmax products I`ll drop them like a pair of S#itty britches. I have had my run with a Husk. product and will not consider their JUNK any more! It will be Shindiawa for me. :nono:

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

HERE-HERE :clapping: :clapping:

I hope like crazy they just leave well enough alone at RedMax and just have them ship units with orange plastic to 'become' part of the Husqvarna lineup.

If Husqvarna monkey's with the product, I've bought my last RedMax unit and will probably live to regret purchasing the ones I already have.

5. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Me too, I love Redmax equipment, but if they mess with it and turn it into the mowers, they can keep it. The only "Husky" stuff I'd buy is a chainsaw or their earplugs!

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I use a RedMax handhelds and 2cycle equipment. Never been dissapointed with their products. Sure hope they don't loose their quality by being bought out or something,it would be a shame.

off topic, but i was looking at the Husq. web site and noticed in the pictures that fade in and out a pic. a white pickup pulling a trailer with mowers. Whats funny is the truck had ladder racks with trimmers on top and backpack blowers mounted on the side. the trailer looked like it was supposed to be used for heavy equipment like a skidsteer but had two wheel ramps and a Z turn mower and trim mower on it. Thats a different kind of setup... doesn't seem very practical.

commercial_landscaping.jpg

7. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I have a Husq. 52" hydro walkbehind and it hasnt had a problem in the two years I have used. The Husq. chainsaw I have, hasnt exactly been the best investment, the chain lubrication system I believe hasnt worked right since day one. My Redmax blower has been great.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Husqvarna used to make great saws.
    Not anymore I have learned.

So don't feel bad man.
    Mine is a POS too.
    I swear, the chain lubrication system on mine works bassackwards... LOL
    D@mn thing won't oil a drop when it's in use...
    Shut it off, put it back in the case and the s.o.b. will drain the oil tank dry.

I've had some trouble with the chain tension too.

Plus the friggin' thing don't want to crank.
    I swear, by the time I yank on it long enough to get it to run, I'm too tired to use it.

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Oh the comments that could be made if this wasn't a public forum.... :laugh:

10. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

OK, so nothing Husky makes is any good except the ear protection. I can live with that!:laugh: