Husqvarna and STIHL

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Jul 11, 2013.

1. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

DVS- the saw has a failsafe that slows the blade and stops the saw if the mix is not right. They tested it in Europe before bringing it to the US. So far (knock on wood) have not had any problems from guys using it since last October.

PS: It is done electronically, not manually like the old Husqvarna Oil Guard was.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The problems with the injection systems do not develop in 8 months :hammerhead:

Pre-mix = nothing can go wrong

Injection = failed electronics. Failed Mechanical mechanisms.

Those that know NOTHING about mechanics is who such saws are for. Pretty sure a blade salesman had little knowledge.......

3. DVS Hardscaper

nope,, no RedBud. But we were at Budds Creek for the Pro National!

4. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

Nice.....Sorry, I forgot it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks....

Some people embrace technology, some people don't....It's why we still have 'Basic' phones as well as 'Smart' phones....

I only carry what people ask for....

5. DVS Hardscaper

Electronic communication devices and combustion engines - an apple to grape comparison.

An electronic component vibrating worse than a trench roller. Too funny.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You focus on selling gypsy blades and i'll focus on machinery.

But the first step to selling blades is not to piss off prospective customers.........

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  6. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

DVS, I am just respectfully disagreeing. So you would not buy the Stihl TS500i because it has Electronic ignition and electronic water feed?

And as far as pissing off prospective customers, I'm not worried, because I don't have anything cheap enough for you!

Cheers and enjoy the weekend! :drinkup:

7. DVS Hardscaper

Again, you do not know what you're talking about.

So why try?

2 strokes require oil in the cylinder. If no oil - the ring will seize to the piston. Catastrophic.

If the injector quits - so will the motor. And yes, when an injector goes bad - it will still smoke, as "some" oil is being injected, just not the correct amount.

If the ignition goes bad - then it goes bad. It's not catastrophic, it won't ruin the cylinder. All that happens is the unit will not start or it may misfire. Again, not catastrophic.

Same with any watering device. If it doesn't work - it has nothing to do with the saw's motor.

Mechanics is my strength. Expertise. Especially 2 strokes. Perhaps you'd have a more compelling argument debating smart phone or flat screens.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  8. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

DVS, from what I have read you have many "strengths and expertise". At least according to you! :rolleyes::laugh:

9. DVS Hardscaper

That's what makes me 'Hardscaper in Chief' :)

Thanks for being a follower!

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Bought the Husqvarna today for $825 from Theros Rental. It feels a little heavier to me but it's well balanced. I like the location of the filter much more..........we shall see.