Husqvarna as reliable as Stihl?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Snipesxxx, May 28, 2010.

1. Snipesxxx

Snipesxxx LawnSite Member

I am looking at a Husqvarna 223L or a Stihl 56 RC-E. Nice thing about the Husqvarna I can get it 12 month no interest but the Stihl I have to buy outright.

Also how is the Husqvarna 128ld its $50 cheaper then the top two?

2. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I had a few 223l they lasted around 500 hours and. Two 326 and they have over 2000 hours and are still running
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Snipesxxx

not sure lowes carrys the 326. How much does it retail for? It worth the extra? It will only be used once a week for a hour or so. I just want something reliable that will last me a long time.

4. castlerockmo

That 223 is real good I put 500 commercial hours. They had a hard life and were abused.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. castlerockmo

The 326 is like 320 bucks
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. fastbs

fastbs LawnSite Member

i'm using i think a 323L right now. my main trimmer (echo srm260) is waitting on a housing piece and my back up is waitting on a shaft (no match for an F150). This is my first experience with a husky and i'm very pleased. power is good weight is great. I havn't used a sthil trimmer since i discovered echo about 4 years ago.

7. KRC

KRC LawnSite Member
    from Tx

If 1 hour a week is you all need it for I say the 128l is fine. I have the 125l which is just an older version of the 128l I belive. I have used the 125 for 4 years now about 2 hrs a week with no problems at all, it has allways started on 3 pulls. They are Husqvarna's lowest line but like I said no more use than that, they are great.

8. Snipesxxx

Is the 223l worth the extra $50 for what I need?

9. mbrew

mbrew LawnSite Senior Member

The 223l is about a lb and a half lighter, the shaft is about 2" longer and has about .09 less power than the 128l according to the website. Which will last longer? Lowes does not carry the 326. I always recommend paying cash.

10. Butler Landscaping

Butler Landscaping LawnSite Member

i have a husqvarna chain saw..a "homeowner" saw but ive run it for 3 years commercially now and no issues at all. i run stihl trimmers and edgers. love my husqvarna blower too