Husqvarna Back Pack Blower 145 BT Runs, shuts off, wont start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sancho_man_orlando, Aug 24, 2007.

1. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

Not sure what gives.

Not much of a mechanic, yet!

This thing starts after 15 - 20 pulls, puttes, shuts off then starts after a couple more pulls... sometimes i can get it to run other things it runs, putters and shuts off again.

Air filter is clean, new spark plug.

What gives?

2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Hi Sancho, can you give alittle more detail, like how old it is ? I've never worked on a Husky, never even seen one :confused: I would check your fuel filter first since you did replace the plug. You did check to see what kind of spark you have ? Should be a nice color of blue.

3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

How old is this unit? I have seen the 125BT which is just a Kawi TJ series engine(same engine used on the KGT27A and KTR27A weedys) mounted to a small backpack blower frame. Not sure how similar your unit is but I would check the spark arrestor screen for carbon build up.

4. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

sounds like a clogged fuel filter or muffler to me.

the 145 has a kawi on it too.
    mine was a good blower until someone stole it.

5. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

Well I changed the fuel filter today.

I hope this works because I am handling 4 houses for the church where the nuns lived.

This thing gets me so mad I can almost feel my chest pounding out of my chest and I get to cursing uncontrollably. Mostly in my head... but every now and then a string of them seem to jump from my mouth so loudly that it scared ME!

6. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

well you had better watch that mouth when you are working for the church. Those nuns are likely to put a ruler accross your hands.
    good luck
    check your muffler for clogs