Husqvarna Blowers - 150bt vs 350bt

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by homestuff, Oct 11, 2013.

1. homestuff

homestuff LawnSite Member

Been searching quite a bit on this topic (blower is for residential use). All I can find is that the 350bt has a slightly nicer harness. Second, many people mention that the 350bt has lower MPH but higher CFM. However, according the Husq's own site, that isn't the case:

710cfm (in housing) @ 251mph
    ?? - in pipe

692cfm (in housing) @ 180mph
    494cfm - in pipe

Can someone explain to me why the 350bt cost more or am I misreading the spec?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Bobcatter2

Bobcatter2 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Wow, good question. The only difference I can find is the 350 has an extra section of tube. Maybe the throttle goes to 11 :laugh:
  3. ernie_h

ernie_h LawnSite Member

Yep, kind of hard to tell from the website since they don't give all of the specs for each of the blowers. If it's anything like the pricing on the 500 series, it might be because the 350 is a low-vibration model?? [which, as far as I can tell from my 570BTS, means some rubber or rubber-like bushings to reduce the vibration (compare with the 560BTS, though there are a few other differences besides the low vib in this comparison, and the price difference is $70 list vs the $20 difference in the 150/350 comparison)]. Just a thought :)