husqvarna blowers now that they own redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscoach, Feb 16, 2008.

1. grasscoach

grasscoach LawnSite Member

I am new to this site and I have heard many say that they love their redmax blowers. I have a husqvarna chain saw, trimmer, and riding mower. The guy that I bought it from is very good at service and price. I know that their blowers have not been anything to write about in the past. I noticed their new models have the same look and spec of the redmax ebz 7001 and ebz 8001 respectively. I can drive 30-45 min and purchase the redmax but, my husqvarna dealer is right here 5 min away and has been very good to me. I am just a home owner but, I have a TON of leaves and I am thinking of getting the new 180bt backpack blower from husqvarna. Oh, he will also beat the redmax price by $60.

Do I take the chance on the husqvarna or go with the tried and true redmax? Bear in mind the husqvarna service has been excellent and he is much closer to me. Thanks in advance for you opinions.

2. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

I'd stay with the dealer you know and trust. Husky is a very good product.

3. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

same cfm and mph and cheaper with same warranty then buy husqvarna

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

What comes close to redmax 8000?

5. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i just looked at husqvarna web site and they don't show any of them as strong as the redmax 8001

6. grasscoach

my dealer said the web is wrong...his literature says the 180bt is 685 cfm at the tube. if you convert the m/3/min listed on husqvarna site it is 685 cfm. I called redmax and they said the 8001 is 685 at the tube. both are 915 at the housing.

7. grasscoach

redmax:
    Engine Displacement: 71.9 cc
    Carburetor: Diaphragm with Purge Pump
    Ignition System: Solid State
    Fuel Capacity: 77.7 fl.Oz.
    Dry Weight: 25.4 lbs
    Air Volume: 915 cfm
    Air Speed: 201 mph
    Noise Level: 77 dB(A)

husqvarna:
    Engine specification
    Cylinder displacement 4.4 cu.inch / 71.9 cm³
    Power 4.4 hp / 3.3 kW
    Cylinder bore 1.97" / 50 mm
    Maximum power speed 8000 rpm
    Maximum recommended engine speed 6700 rpm
    Type of carburator Diaphragm
    Air speed 201 mph / 90 m/s
    Air flow in housing 25.9 m³/min / 915 cfm

8. grasscoach

don't those numbers look the same? If you look at the husqvarna site the 170 and 180 backpack blowers look identical to the redmax...don't you think. I only want to buy the husqvarna blower if you guys think they are the same as the redmax.....

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Anyone have experience with the Husqvarna 356 blower? I am sure it is not a Redmax. I am interested in this one because it is the strongest of all the 65dB noise level blower in the market.
    Thanks

10. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

The new Husqvarna blowers are infact Redmax with some new plastic. Buy Husqvarna.

Q