1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna bp blower gas cap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenman, May 1, 2003.

1. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I have replaced the gas cap on my BT bp twice already. The blower is less than a year old. The gasket inside the cap keeps ripping around the edges in a circle pattern (a ring) from where the gas cap tightens down at the tank. This is ridiculous, these caps cost almost $20. The cap has to be replaced when this happens because gas leaks out from the cap. Anyone else have this problem? Also, the cruise control switch broke the other day, and its very hard to cold start. (15 pulls). Maybe Im putting the cap on too tight, but still, it should not happen. Dang it. I like my Husqvarna blower, but if this happens again........Shindaiwa
  2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I just put a cap on my robin blower.If you find an after market one they are only about $7.You are right,you are putting the cap on too tight:)
  3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Where/How can I find an aftermarket cap? $16.95 plus tax for a cap is OUTRAGEOUS!
  4. henry2002

henry2002 LawnSite Member

try putting the cap on looser. have not had any problems with my husky backpack blower.