Husqvarna Buys Dixon!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ThirdDay, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Jst heard today that Husqvarna has bought Dixon Industries. Things are becoming interesting with more and more mergers/buyouts....

Stay tuned.....

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

do WHAT now??? Dixon has been OWNED by Blount ind. for something like 10 years now...

Where did you read this news, as I'm curious, being the un-certified Dixon rep on this site...

3. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

Our local Dixon guy is top notch but the Husqy dealer has the biggest collection of incompetents I've seen in one place. If this buy out is true then I foresee bad things for Dixon locally because you just know they'll give the dealership to the poorest customer service:laugh: :cry: Yeah, I'm conflicted

4. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

yep, he's right. They give slips to 159 employees today. Husky bought them and will move the plant to Nebraska. Maybe Husky can improve on the quality of Dixon!!

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

IMPROVE? wow, I wouldn't use a Husquvarna mower if you gave it too me...:dizzy: Looks like once my new Dixon dies I will have to just give up the lawn business. Dixon has been in Coffeeville KS since like 1974. Wonder if my dealer has even heard about this? Wonder how long Dixon mowers will even be around? :cry: :cry: :cry:

6. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I own a lawn care business in Coffeyville, and there are lots of people who dont like Dixon and lots who do. I hate to see them go eventhough you won't see blue on my trailer unless I am hauling it for somebody else.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Agree on all counts...That will SUCK if that is true. And they are a darn fine mower the way it is, nothing IMO needs improved. I REALLY love my new Dixon, that is for sure.

KS_Grasscutter

8. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

It's a done deal. Manufacturing will move to Nebraska which is a brand new, state of the art facility.

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

So does that mean that the same Dixon mowers will still be made to the same level of quality as they currently are? What about dealers? How will that work out? Thanks very much for any information!

KS_Grasscutter

10. Picky1

Picky1 LawnSite Member

Our dealer already carries Husky equipment, so I don't think much will change in our area. I wonder if they will change colors completely or just put orange racing stripes on them:cool2: